- deaths from Lemtrada so far are 2 (two) or .002%.
- Deaths from Tysabri are 731 or .007% (three times that of Lemtrada).
- Deaths from Viagra are .1.
- Deaths as a result of choking on Lego are 57 (I can't find a figure for stepping on Lego and falling and killing yourself but it would be on top of the 57)
- Severe disability for those with MS who do nothing is 100%. You may not be disabled today or tomorrow, but it will catch up with you eventually how much damage is too much before you say 'enough'
- Lemtrada is 80% effective in extended clinical trials at stopping progression.
- Treating your disease aggressively now will keep you from being severely disabled.
Wednesday, 26 August 2015
Putting Lemtrada risks in Perspective
Just a short update - some stats and comments :-)
Quick update on life, we had out wedding anniversary over the weekend - a very lovely meal was enjoyed at the Italian in Newbury that is no...
Apologies for the absence, a lot has happened, but also not a lot if you know what I mean. My back procedure was last Monday, very uneventfu...
3 weeks have boomed by again, sorry about that. So what's new in the Doust house ? Well I logged into my banking app on Saturday to pay...
I had my 3rd round of Ocrevus last Thursday, they did the fast infusion and everything was very uneventful really. I had a nice long snooze ...