Tuesday 11 April 2017

R2Wk46 - Loving the sunshine - Take that MS heat intollerence

It's been well over 20 degrees here in Sunny Berkshire over the weekend, liberally slathered in Factor 1,000,000 sun cream (gingers and sunshine is never a comfortable relationship) I have walked the dogs (a lot in the mid-day sun), done some light gardening bits, laundry duties (the washing line is out of the shed and earning it's keep). We have had 2 BBQ's with outdoor eating, I've gone the colour of weak tea and it's all been pretty awesome.
The last week has pretty much flown by in a whirlwind of activity. Work has me running at about 1000% with picking up existing projects in flight from people leaving the business as well as closing my 4 previous projects all on the same day (they all closed sucessfully - YAY for finishing things) The new stuff is as always a deeply complex smelly mess that I need to did myself out and to steal the line from BlackAdder - I need a cunning plan, as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University ......
The BBQ's over the weekend were trial runs for inviting lots of friends over for home made Korean BBQ. I spent time finely slicing Feather Steak and Pork Fillet before marinading them in blends of soy sauce, seasame, chilli, garlic, and lots of other yummy (but low carb) ingredients. We have a firepit in the middle of the garden table so the everyone selecting and cooking as they want it, whilst all sitting around the pit I'm hoping will be a wonderfully social experience as well as 'filling' from a stuffing our faces perspective.
I even got a dress out over the weekend and wore it for a while before changing into a pair of shorts to walk the dogs (getting my white pastey legs out is a VERY rare occourance)
I'm still in the process of transferring my doctors records so I suspect that my month 11 bloods will be either late of have to be done at my old surgery (which means waiting a week for Basingstoke Pathology Lab to actually get my results back - although only time will tell if The Royal Berks are any better at this)
EDIT
It's now Tuesday ... big oopsie I typed everything before this yesterday and simply forgot to pubish it. Nothing new or exciting just a quick update that I'm an idiot.
Take care of yourselves and each other xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Far too long between updates (again)

 So what have I been up to in my long absence and how have I been ? Well the Crohn's is under control and back to how it's always be...