Monday 6 June 2016

17 days post round 2

The sun is shining and it's a beautiful day. I was up a little earlier this morning before work (thanks to Gareth I'd been hitting snooze in my sleep again) We took the dogs for their early morning constitutional and then I played with the traffic on the M4 for a while getting down to Bracknell.
I feel full of energy today, a spring in my step. I feel very 'alive'.
The weekend has been lovely, nothing really planned apart from a meeting with a trainer for a 'refresher course' for Winston and Amber on lead etiquette and greeting etiquette. Our day care lady was there with us for that too so all the humans are now appropriately 'trained' too.
We had a couple of lovely lunches out and managed not to drop a ton of cash in Costco by being so disgusted at the queues that we simply parked up the trolley and went somewhere else instead.
Late yesterday afternoon once it had cooled down a little we (I) decided that we would finally sort out the garden shed and make it so that we could actually get the bikes in and out easily. I'm hoping that over the course of the summer we can get out and about on the bikes and get some much needed light exercise. Perhaps even with a better behaved Winston running along side (not Amber she's too old for that).
It feels good to be planning cycling excursions even if they're only a few miles with a rest over a drink in a Pub beer garden and then a leisurely ride home again.
I did my nails last night for what I believe is the first time in years. I genuinely can't remember the last time I took the time to do gel nails properly. I do know I bought the gel nail starter kit at Tesco's in Bolton late 2013 after we lost Mum.The bottle of Base/topcoat is 3.69ml - and I'm still using it !!!!
I don't consciously remember stopping taking the time to do my gel nails, but I do remember getting incredibly frustrated that I kept making a mess of them because my dominant left hand was both numb and had the 'shock' sensations going through it. It just looked a mess didn't go on right at all so I stopped doing them.
I remember consciously putting all my jewellery making equipment away in a cupboard so I couldn't see it any more when my numb hands and failing eyesight before round 1 meant I couldn't hold and use my tools let alone work with small stones and crystals. I loved making jewellery; I made all my own wedding jewellery and my bridesmaids too. I've even made pieces for random strangers too when they've just seen me out and about wearing something I made. Having managed not to botch my nails I think it's high time I got everything out of the cupboard and see if my hand co-ordination is improved enough that I can start making things again.
Post treatment update:
As usual it's mostly steroid related things to report (except the itchies that definitely the Lemtrada)
The post treatment itchies had been gone for 5 days which is probably directly related to me taking advantage of the offer in the supermarket for Antihistamines for £3.60 a box or 2 for £3.00. I do have to wonder what medication the person who made up that offer was on - clearly something too strong or not strong enough. The itchies have however slightly returned this morning, or perhaps that's just my natural reaction to 'work' (or more likely the office in Bracknell).
My body temperature still seems to be regulated by the temperature of my feet. Wearing flip-flops helps keep this in check even if I do have ugly hobbit feet (not hairy). On the bright side; they now have prettily painted toe nails.
Sleep seems to be getting better now (well it certainly was at 6:30am today when I was snoozing the alarm clock in my sleep). I'm not waking up at every tiny noise and the sleep seems to be 'real sleep' not that slight dozing sleep which leaves you feeling worse than you were before it.
Mother nature (bless her little cotton socks) has decided that my cycle would come early this month rather than the post round 1 scare the crap out of you and turn up 10 days late routine.
My 'mood' seems distinctly lighter now. Steroids make me an insufferably emotional bitch. With Nana Mary's funeral and then the anniversary of losing Ian both happening since treatment it is natural that I would be a bit emotional. The snappy snarky bitch-like routine though isn't my usual behaviour. I absolutely need to make that up to Gareth in some way because as usual he's been on the receiving end of it.
As always I'm continuing with my Oxygen Treatment once a week, I'm also continuing with the vitamin and mineral concoctions that I put together for round one. My water intake is still the recommended 3 litres a day to make sure I flush out those dead T & B Cells along with the now spent Lemtrada.
I've also now introduced Hibiscus Tea into my evening routine, made with flowers not teabags. It's a bit of a faff steeping it and then chilling it down but it's really quite lovely. It's quite bitter, a little like an unsweetened cranberry drink, but I quite like it (Gareth thinks it's horrible). According to it's herbal properties it gives the following benefits :


The health benefits of hibiscus tea include relief from high blood pressure and high cholesterol, as well as digestive, immune system, and inflammatory problems. It helps to cure liver disease and reduces the risk of cancer. It can also speed up the metabolism and help in healthy, gradual weight loss. Hibiscus tea is rich in vitamin C, minerals and various antioxidants, while also helping in the treatment of hypertension and anxiety.


I'm drinking it in the evening instead of White Wine which can only be a good thing. It may also account in part for the improvement in my mood in the last few days.
All things considered MS life post round 2 is wonderfully uneventful and everything remains gloriously 'normal'. Long may it continue!!


Year 1 now available in an eBook with all month on month blood test results in a 'reader friendly' format on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GE1V00M
All proceeds go directly to the MS Charity SHIFT MS www.shift.ms


SHIFT MS registered charity number: 1117194

No comments:

Post a Comment

Far too long between updates (again)

 So what have I been up to in my long absence and how have I been ? Well the Crohn's is under control and back to how it's always be...