Monday 29 April 2019

3 years 50 weeks - Month 48 blood results are back

Highlights for this month’s bloods

1.      My thyroid is still ‘barely’ in the normal range ….  Although right at the bottom end so Hyper remains a challenge.
2.      Neutrophils and Monocytes are still misbehaving
3.      Lymphocytes remain satisfyingly in the lower end of the normal range.

Sending bloods on to the neurology and doctors as usual long with an enquiry to see if there’s anything they can do to understand why the Neutrophils and Monocytes are always high, they’ve been that way for many months now and I’d like to know why so that I can project manage getting them right again (as I do with everything)
Eye update – Still going with the drops and the gel stuff, I’m cautiously optimistic that they might have been mistaken about the sight loss being permanent, either I’m adjusting to it really well or my left eye is so blind I can’t see the difference any more LOL. I haven’t had the horrible zig zag rainbow lights in my vision since last Thursday and no pain killers either. So fingers crossed when I’m back on May 7th they have some positive / good news for me.

Amber is back at the vets tonight, she had another stroke yesterday and is off her feet again, she seems okay in herself, although her tongue pokes out most of the time and when she’s just woken up she can only walk in circles and she looks very drunk when walking. I hate it when she falls, but she just shakes her head gets back up and starts again. Animals are so much more resilient than people. Last time on day 3 she improved back to normal so we are keeping our fingers crossed that tomorrow will be a better day for her. In the interim I feel physically sick just worrying about what the vet will say.
The weekend was quiet and peaceful in comparison to last weekend, no frantic dashing around or visitors. I made Lamb HotPot yesterday for Sunday dinner and it was pretty awesome with plenty for leftovers – sadly I then forgot to put it in the fridge and it’s currently still sitting in the pot on the cooker top - so that’s buggered that plan up.

The rest of the week seems a bit of a blur right now, I guess a lot will depend on what the vets say about Amber.
I’ll put another update our later this week when my head is a bit more organised, I’m pretty scatter brained right now wondering what they’re going to say to us.

Sorry xx
In the interim here's the blood results xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Far too long between updates (again)

 So what have I been up to in my long absence and how have I been ? Well the Crohn's is under control and back to how it's always be...