Monday 5 March 2018

1y42wks post round 2 - Birthday / funeral / Cursed Sofa Part 2

To add some clarity to what will seem like a random post ….. this bit below was written last week but I didn’t post it.

I swear the successful delivery of the new sofa is cursed ……

It’s the journey of the damned and only heartbreak frustration and sorry lie down that pathway.

The reorganised delivery along with the ‘organised’ window fitter who was to remove the living room window so the sofa part could be slotted through and reinstall the window happened on Wednesday afternoon as organised.

·        The window man turned up and removed the window

·        The sofa turned up this time on an appropriately sized vehicle

·        The sofa fit through the window

·        The appropriately sized vehicle left

·        Window man reinstalled the living room window

Sounds great eh?

I should point out at this juncture the furniture company deliver but do NOT unpack

So the sofa parts remained in the packaging until the hole in the front of the house was plugged up so it wasn’t covered in snow …..

Upon unwrapping Gareth discovered that for the L shaped sofa rather than delivering the sofa part and the Chaise part along with the foot stool – they had delivered 2 sofa parts so it doesn’t actually fit together at all

I’m in WALES …. In a workshop and now I need to deal with this.

At this point I manage to insert every bad work I know into a single sentence – sometimes more than once.

Unlike last week, this time there was no crying while I spent 1 hour and 15 minutes being passed around from one customer service team to the next. Having used up all my swear words before they answered the phone I didn’t even say a bad word. By the time the manager was put on the phone to deal with the ‘difficult’ customer all that remained was cold fury with a side order of mean and vicious.

It’s quite extraordinary how helpful and quick they can be when they say it’s going to take a while to locate the missing part and reorganise the delivery and my response was:

‘That’s fine – it’s snowing out, I have 3 dogs and they all love coming in to sit on the sofa to warm up – the longer you leave it here the hairier, smellier and dirtier it’s going to be before you want to deliver it to the customer who actually ordered it’

There may also have been a ‘small threat’ that I was going to publicly post the delivery labels and photographs complete with comfortable dogs on their corporate twitter feed for the world to see (mean and vicious)

·        They’re coming Tuesday

·        They’re paying to have the window removed and refitted this time

·        They’re unwrapping the damn thing to prove it’s the correct part before they leave

In other news ‘Snowmageddon’ has reached the UK my drive to the south coast on Tuesday morning was unpleasant, coming back at lunchtime was more so as it had snowed some more. I then swapped cars and drove to Wales – more snow by now on teenie tiny twisty turny upy and downy hilly bits (sorry got carried away there)

The drive back out of Wales yesterday was in parts quite frankly terrifying in almost blizzard like conditions where you can’t see in front of yourself, or the lines on the road or even the edge of the road which blends in beautifully with the 100ft drop into a ravine because it’s all bloody white.

It was lovely to get home and sit on a sofa albeit not quite the configuration we ordered with the dogs and promptly ‘christen’ it by falling asleep on it 😊

Back in the office today, but out tomorrow for Arthur’s funeral

In other news it’s my birthday on Saturday,

Roll on the weekend – I need a rest

CLARITY point again – its now Monday, the weekend is over and what follows is the weekend update:

So in the clutches of ‘snowmageddon’ Arthurs funeral took place on Friday. Thinking about it logically I think he would have approved of the affair even though pretty much everything happened in ‘disaster recovery mode’

The minister was snowed in and couldn’t get there (cudos to the lady at the crem who stepped in at the last minute) 2 of his 4 daughters also couldn’t get there because of the snow. The service ended up being ‘facebook lived’ out to those who put safety first.

It wasn’t to plan, but we got the job done and gave him a good send off, not a dry eye in the house when Scott talked about what a great person he had been.

Saturday was my birthday, Gareth and I went for a lovely Argentine Steak meal at CAU in Reading and did things quietly, Aunty Kathy is coming on Tuesday for a couple of days and we’re off out for posh food Tuesday and Wednesday night at The Hand & Flowers and then The Royal Oak Paley St.

‘cursed sofa part 3’ happens on Tuesday – they found the chaise part, it’s coming along with the window fitter to remove and replace the window all over again.

The snow is now pretty much all gone apart from the back lane that we use to take the dogs to K9 for walkies.

I have an appointment at 09:30am on Wednesday morning at St Mary’s in London with the new Neurology team so I’m going to try to take the opportunity to visit with my old friends and colleagues at GT while I’m in the city, then a 13:30 meeting while I’m there too.

I’ve been invited out with the girls on Thursday too so we can celebrate that we were mostly all born in March – I’m going to be SOOOOO fat by Friday.

This week is potentially a big week in my life …. Stay tuned for more news next time 😊 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Explain yourself Tracy - where have you been

 The answer to where have you been is in hospital for a while and having lots of scans and tests and at home feeling more ill than I have ev...