Monday 20 March 2017

R2Wk43 - Looking forwards and a little looking back


 ‘Blog’s’ second birthday is coming up. Blog was born on April 15th 2015 and since it’s been such a big part of my life for the last 2 years I should probably buy it a present, take it out for a celebratory dinner or something (any excuse to go out for a great meal).

I’ve created an event up on SHIFTMS for the M4 corridor on April 22nd for people in the Berkshire / Hampshire area from 12-2 at the Wellington Farm Shop Cafe. It’s just a chance for people with MS to get together, drink coffee, eat fantastic cakes and put the world to rights. If anyone relatively local to the area wants to come and join us (me) then you’re very welcome to. It’s very easy to find coming of Junction 11 of the M4 and hopefully I won’t be sat on my own like Tracy-No-Mates for 2 hours looking sad and lonely.

Wellington Farm Shop Café - Welsh Ln, Reading RG27 0LT


Week 43 all done and dusted. There are now only single figures of weeks remaining until I can say I’m a year beyond Round 2. It all seems to have gone by so very quickly, it seems such a short time since I was preparing to go in for round one and starting this blog but it’s been nearly 2 years. So very much has happened in that time and it seems almost incomprehensible that it can have been so long when it seems to be such a short amount of time.

I know it’s gotten incredibly boring that life and MS remain ‘normal’ but the joy of the normal never gets old for me. I went for Oxygen Therapy on Saturday morning and it struck me that there were so many people with MS there that I have seen ‘progress’ with the disease over the course of the last 2 years. Some are SPMS or PPMS, but others are RRMS who are on other treatments (which to be fair for the most part they are happy with) but for me the MS Clock has not just stood still, it’s rewound to the indeterminate point somewhere in 2012 before MS Symptoms first started appearing in my life.

It would be another 2 years before my diagnosis. My diagnosis happened suddenly after the terrifying brain haemorrhage / stroke / tumour scare triggered by a bout of Viral Meningitis. Diagnosis allowed me to piece together a whole host of things that individually I had been ignoring as ‘getting old stuff’ together into a pattern of how MS had sneaked into my life like a thief in the night-time taking a little here and a little there.

I remain completely happy that I chose Lemtrada as my first line of defence against this MS nonsense. It really has not just stopped my MS in its tracks (what I wanted it to do) it’s shoved the MS back up the road it came from substantially giving me improvements all round (which while not guaranteed is the bonus prize we all hope for with Lemtrada).

I’ve had my moments, my scares and worries which I’ve posted in here as they happened. My irrational ‘what if’s’ and general ‘blondeness’ are all here in the hope that if they can help someone who is reading this then I’ve done my bit to ‘Pay It Forward’ to the MS and Lemmie community who were so awesome when I was still so very green and nervous and looking for help, reassurance and someone to talk to.

In other news this week has been work, dog walking and just relaxing a lot. We went out on Friday for dinner at the Awesome Korean BBQ in Reading again because I felt like a lazy mare and couldn’t be bothered to cook. We had good friends and their children over for dinner on Saturday and between Gareth and I managed to put on a fantastic meal.

Life in my weird little world remains awesome xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Far too long between updates (again)

 So what have I been up to in my long absence and how have I been ? Well the Crohn's is under control and back to how it's always be...