Tuesday 8 November 2016

Round 2 week 25 - The times they are a changing

We had a big heart to heart over the weekend before last and it looks like we will be making some big changes in our lives over the next year or so. We started trying for a family about a year after we got married but apart from a positive test which very quickly after was no longer positive nothing has ever happened. I guess I'd left it too late in life before starting and by then my body had decided it didn't want to play that game any more and retired that function.
We are now in the process for becoming Foster Carers, it's going to take about a year for it to come to fuition as we don't have kids of our own or work in environments were we work with children. We need to spend the next year doing voluntary work with children to show we aren't complete duffers, plus I guess it also shows that it's a serious commitment not just a whim and it's worth putting the time and effort into it for the long term.
I think I have a lot to offer to a 'cared for child' in that I'm patient and caring, that I have a lot to give in terms of love, stability, learning opportunities and balance. We have a meeting tonight with a lady from NYAS who are a national organsiation for befriending and mentoring 'cared for children' which preceeds our background checks and approvals, so please cross your fingers for us I really do want this to go well.
Dog walks in the evening are fun these days, it's very dark so they have flashing disco light collars so we can see them, glowing balls that Winston chases so we can't lose them, and best of all head torches that make us look like Darleks (think Dr Who in recent years with the small darlek antenna that comes out of the forehead)
It's just as well we're in the dark with no other humans around because we both look quite 'special' in all out get up. I made the mistake of wearing my head torch to go up to the shop one evening last week as the lane is very dark at night and the man in the shop laughed hysterically at my attractive headgear (well at how silly I look wearing it I guess).
Christmas is on the horizon again and we need to work out a 'cunning plan' so that we can get round and see everyone we want to see and have some time together as well. Current christmas gifts aquired count stands at 1 gift (and it's more a stocking filler if I'm completely honest than a 'gift') but we're thinking about it so that's a good thing right?
MS wise for the last week everything has been nice and 'normal' nothing unusual to report or even remotely exciting. It's all just very much quiet and uneventful - that's just the way I want MS to be - I'm vaguely aware it's there, but it's sitting quietly in the corner doing nothing more exciting than inspecting it's navel fluff.
So YAY for quiet MS and normallity - this is what it's all about xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life MS and other things.

 I have no excuse thats worth trying, I'm not going to make any promises that are likely to come to nothing - I've just gotten reall...