- Optic Neuritis had left me partially night blind, reading was something I could only do sometimes because the words disappeared on the page.
- I was using a stick to stay upright when I walked because my balance was abysmal and my left leg would randomly collapse.
- On occasion I couldn't stay upright at all and needed a wheelchair.
- I had become a hermit scared to be anywhere far from a bathroom for fear I couldn't hold on
- And last but not least the only parts of me that actually had 'real' feeling were my right arm and the bit from my boobs to the top of my head (and that but had gone numb at times too
- My eye sight is just as rubbish as it's been all my life (thanks for that Mum and Dad)
- I walk the dogs, go shopping, go to concerts and evens and work normally
- Needing the bathroom isn't a terrifying prospect
- I can feel again - almost everywhere and the bit of my left hand that's still quite numb is probably something non MS related
Year 1 in the easy to read eBook format available on Amazon with all funds donated to SHIFTMS