Monday 18 January 2016

St Barts Professor Gavin Giovannoni - MS and the Epstein-Barr virus

Professor Giovannoni is one of the MS worlds most dedicated warriors, his involvement with the development and approval of treatments like Lemtrada have given us MS'ers hope and the chance to kick MS swiftly in his testicles and watch him writhe around on the floor with his eyes watering.


Prof G is working on a CrowdCure project to look at the connections between the Epstein-Barr virus better known as Glandular Fever, and the use of Anti Viral medication as a possible treatment for MS.


Please take a look at the link below, watch the video and if you feel the desire to please help support his on-going fight to give us MS'ers hope.


https://www.crowdacure.com/projects/researching-the-role-of-viruses-in-causing-multiple-sclerosis


I'm going to be following this closely, I had Glandular Fever when I was younger, it flattened me for a few months and changed the prescription of my eyes massively. I like the idea of knowing what to blame MS on and potentially yet another way of fighting it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Life MS and other things.

 I have no excuse thats worth trying, I'm not going to make any promises that are likely to come to nothing - I've just gotten reall...