Monday 16 November 2015

Week 26 - Half a year done and MS is under MY control

Hi guys and girls


6 MONTHS DONE :-)

Time really does fly when you're having fun, and whilst a big chunk of this year has been heartbreakingly sad, there have been times of great fun, excitement and rewarding things too.
Since treatment I've lost my brother and my grandmother, I've sold a house, bought a new home, moved home, been on holiday to France, settled into our new home, worked full time, continued to keep up with my outside activities and friends and lived my life.
I've caught no bugs or illnesses, my blood results have been as expected (new ones due any day now for you blood watchers out there) my MS symptoms are 95% remitted with my only remaining annoying symptom the numb thumb, first 2 fingers and the connecting bit of my palm and electric sensations - If that's the extent of MS's intrusion into my life, then I'm fine with that :-)


We had to make a really hard decision over the weekend, one of our dogs is far to boisterous and barky and scares people, so he's now spending the next 4 weeks with one of the best trainers in the UK. We took him to Tunbridge Wells on Sunday for an assessment and to book him in, it literally broke my heart to walk back to the car and leave him there. I feel like a monster abandoning my baby who spent so much of his early life in rescue centres. Since we got him the most he's been away from us is a week and that's always been with our other dog Amber by his side - 4 weeks is such a long time, and the house despite having 2 humans, 2 cats and Amber-dog there seems empty and quiet without him :-( Winston is the one on the right - who'd have thought a little Jack Russell cross could be so scary xxx



The diet seems to be on a 'go-slow' right now, I'm being good, but the scales simply aren't reflecting that goodness - weigh in is on Thursday so I'm hoping a few lb's shift over the course of the week.
So far I've spectacularly failed to buy a single Christmas present (although I now know what I'm getting Gareth - I think - maybe - well sort of)


I'm still wearing my boots all the time for work, but discovered quickly that shopping and the like is completely out of the question right now and for the foreseeable future - to be honest I was never great in heels for 'heavy duty' walking anyway even before MS so expecting that to miraculously be better is probably not realistic, The joys of being a bit of a Tom-Boy as a young person and I never really grew out of it. I'm just a bit rubbish at the 'Girl stuff' I think :-)


The Christmas home brew is coming along nicely, home made custom drinks for the family will be part of the Christmas presents this year (assuming I remember to go and buy the bottles and printer label paper this weekend)


Life is good, looking forward to my blood results in the next couple of days, hopefully another slow steady rise in those lymphocytes to publish :-)
Love, germ free hugs and antibacterial handshakes to you all xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Far too long between updates (again)

 So what have I been up to in my long absence and how have I been ? Well the Crohn's is under control and back to how it's always be...