Wednesday 20 December 2017

R2+19m+1wk - hoping the physio can 'fix me'


Bloods on Friday were gloriously uneventful, lovely nurse as usual was a 1 stab wonder I managed to provide a pee sample this month which was not ‘contaminated’ (by being female) Hopeful for results later today or tomorrow.

MRI on Friday night was interesting, as previously posted, it was a full head and spine but without contrast. The team there were lovely with my minor ‘melt down’ when I said it as probably a huge waste of everyone’s time, and that it had all been waiting for so long I’m now formally registered disabled which I wasn’t close to being back in June when I asked for the MRI and Neuro appointment to be arranged.

If I’m brutally honest I had a proper spleen venting about the lack of Neuro appointments in Basingstoke now, that the MRI machines there are no longer available for appointments in the area. Well it all sort of tumbled out along with a lot of tears and bless them they were lovely despite me being a blathering mess.

Now I guess I’m waiting for the appointment on the 27th with the new Neuro who hopefully can give some answers to the changes in the last 6 months and where we go from here. I’ve shared the questions I have already, so I will absolutely be expecting some answers. (yes I’m an insane control freak)

I finally made it back  from Southampton at 22:40pm ….. not my dream way of spending a Friday night, completed by a phone call from Gareth (who was at his works ‘doooo’ in London) to tell me that the signals were broken on the rail line from Paddington to Reading and all the trains were stopped. In a feat of magnificent ‘Britishness’ he and 3 random strangers also stuck in London clubbed together and got an Uber to drive them all home, dropping in Maidenhead, J11 of the M4, Reading Town Centre and Caversham each passing ¼ of the quoted cost to the last one out exchanging business cards so that if the cost was higher than projected they could pay the last chap back the extra.

On a bright note once hell Friday was done the weekend was really productive.

I got myself gassed at the Reading MS Therapy Centre, I also saw the Acupuncture Physio about my left leg – now here comes the REALLY good news, he poked at me for a few minutes and has said that my psoas muscle is in spasm. Apparently, this can be fixed very easily – about an hour possibly – the hour is booked for 13:00 on Wednesday – I’m very much hoping he can fix me and that by Wednesday afternoon I’m bouncing around like a spring lamb again.

We also chased the custom carvings that we had ordered as our Christmas presents to ourselves and the company who were doing them has gone bust – this they are only just admitting to 3 months on…. We now need to work out how to manage this situation through the police or the court to try to get our £1,200 back – or if you know someone big and scary send them my way please. Absolutely gutted because the custom dogs were something we really had our hearts set on especially with Amber turning 13 tomorrow.

So anyway it’s taken me 2 days to completed this post because of work and training and life, my blood results came back to here we go might as well do it all in one go …. Hey if I forget to hit the publish button you might even get post physio on this one too.

The Doctors want to talk to me about the Monocytes that are slowly rising.

NOTE TO THOSE READING

I’ve said before Dr Google is a complete and utter ass-hole …. He’s a very shit doctor and I KNOW BETTER than to google things like this

Still …. Fuck ….. that’s not going to play on my mind ‘much’ at all is it


No comments:

Post a Comment

Life MS and other things.

 I have no excuse thats worth trying, I'm not going to make any promises that are likely to come to nothing - I've just gotten reall...