Monday 26 October 2015

Week 23 And I'm wearing HEELS again

Hi Ladies and gents


You have to celebrate the little things with as much vigour as the big things. Today I'm wearing cowboy boots to work with a big 2 inch high wedge heel. I am trying to remember the last time I was able to wear anything other than flats or flip flops (that's thongs to those of you from down under - BUT NOT underwear for those of you who are from the rest of the world) I've been in my current job for 2 years - actually 2 years and 5 days if I'm going to be pedantic about it, and I've certainly not worn heels for anything in that time. I worked in London for a year before that in 2013 commuting so I'm certain I didn't wear heels in that year. 2012 is a bit of an unknown, can't really remember wearing heels but I might have done on occasion. I do remember in 2011, the year I got married, I had a pair of Cadbury's purple stiletto heels which I pretty much wore to death, work, shopping, anywhere I could get away with my beautiful purple shoes I wore them. I also remember putting them on periodically over the last few years and being unable to stand or walk more than a step or two, making comments about the heels must be loose, my feet have shrunk, they've stretched too much, before sadly taking them off and putting them back in the wardrobe again thinking one day I'll wear them again. 9 weeks ago I threw those blasted shoes out when we moved house. I finally decided it wasn't to be and gave up - I am an idiot - now I have to try and find replacement purple heels in Cadbury's Purple (I know as a girl this should make me happy - but I REALLY REALLY hate shopping and would rather go and watch a football game, do some DIY or garden then shop for shoes - yes I'm a rubbish example of a girl) So I'm feeling brave - I'm going to try proper girl shoes again, what could possibly go wrong ;-)
I was on a training course all of last week MSP - Managing Successful Programmes - It's a project manager thing. I passed the Foundation course last Wednesday and had the Practitioner exam last Friday - results in a couple of weeks time. As a result I've been a total slut - no housework (okay so we have a cleaner who comes in once a week) no Laundry done, I haven't had a proper sort out of the fridge let alone gone and done a weekly shop for both human and pet food. I decided in order to get everything done I needed to get done, the only choice was to forgo mu Oxygen Therapy on Saturday. I've not suddenly ground to a halt (more celebrations before treatment I would have simply stopped like my batteries had run out)
We had a lovely relaxing weekend, I made the most awesome Sausage and Bean Casserole for us and it's gone straight onto our top 10 things we love to make and eat at home - Just in time for Winter too :-) Recipe is at the bottom of the post if you're interested
I'm loving living my life again and going to have a look online for those replacement purple shoes :-)
Hope you're all well, germ free and taking care of yourselves and those you love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Far too long between updates (again)

 So what have I been up to in my long absence and how have I been ? Well the Crohn's is under control and back to how it's always be...