Monday 19 October 2020

Don't break your bones it's not a fun sport

It's now over 7 weeks since my 'wrist/hand incident'

I've used the BUPA insurance and seen an orthopaedic surgeon and had the long awaited MRI and the news was not good.

The X-Rays and CT scan were right none of the bones in my hand or wrist had 'snapped' however 2 of them have for want of a better way to describe it 'shattered inside' like a broken egg yolk inside an unbroken shell.

There isn't anything that can be done for it, just time and resting it - and when I say time he's warned me it could take up to 6 months for this to resolve itself. My response to that in one word is FUCK :o(

The thought of no real independence for that long horrifies me.

In better news I'm working my way towards 1 1/2 stone of weight loss ... 21lb's if you're that way inclined or 9.5kg if you're of the other persuasion. Feeling rather proud of myself for that and it can all only help things get better :o)

Life as usual remains very 'beige' nothing new or exciting just more of the same every day.

It's becoming really obvious with Covid still being so prevalent that come Ocrevus time at the end of November and start of December that Christmas this year is going to be a 'home alone' affair for us. Aunty Kathy isn't comfortable with travelling and a packed houseful at Gareths parents for me with a seriously compromised immune system in a high risk area really isn't feasible. Gareth will pop up there for a few days but I'm going to need to stay home possibly 'shielding'

Kinda sucky all things considered but it does open up the possibility of BBQ'ing on Christmas Day some Rib of Beef, a nice chicken and some ham with the usual sides all done with the BBQ - assuming its not throwing it down of course in which case I'm going to have to dust off the range and use the oven for the first  time in a long while :o)

It's also been a very expensive week for me. My MAC (well Gareth's old MAC that I've claimed for the last 3 years) finally gave up and died at the ripe old age of 10 years old. Since neither Gareth or I have any ability to gauge the size of anything, I ended up buying the enormous expensive one as a replacement - and I'm not complaining about that at all it's so shiny and pretty and mahoosive :-) if it lasts as long as it's predecessor then it's a wise investment even if it was a bit of an ouch at the weekend.

I presume the problem I was having doing new video's for the YouTube thing was a result of it's impending demise so once I've put a brush through my hair and look less like grizzly Adams I'll do another one. My hair is so very long now compared to the short haired biker girl look I had at the start of the lockdown. It's not pink or silver or electric lilac now just boring blond - I might do something about that. I'll have to find a new hairdresser too as my local salon didn't make it through Covid and has closed down - such a sad thing to happen.

I hope you're doing well, not going too mad in these very strange times and taking care of you and yours.

Stay well

Much love

T

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Far too long between updates (again)

 So what have I been up to in my long absence and how have I been ? Well the Crohn's is under control and back to how it's always be...