Wednesday 3 May 2017

R2Wk49 - oopsies I broke myself - but it was fun


A cautionary tale …….

It just goes to show no matter how many times you tell yourself that you’ve got all this MS / Lemtrada stuff sussed, there are still some lessons which you need to learn again. This week I’m learning that I am NOT Wonder Woman, that I do not have limitless energy and what when I overdo things I’m going to pay the price for it.

The Wokingham Fayre on Monday was my ‘lesson’ – I simply had not anticipated how much walking I would do during the day. As a result, I’m probably best described as ‘broken’.

I’ve talked a lot in the past about how when I overdo things it’s like the MS all comes rushing back in one big wave of pseudo-symptoms. It’s usually something I’ve planned for in advance and prepared for lots of rest to recuperate and then it all goes back to normal.

This time no planning was done. My legs are numb, weak and very wobbly. My head is ‘soupy’ my eyes are on the frisk and I have tremors throughout my body. It would be safer if I was using my walking stick, but to be honest with the tremors I probably couldn’t hold it let alone put weight through it – and then there’s the little matter of me actually having no idea where the damn thing is – it’s been a couple of years since I needed it and it seems to have ‘vanished’ LOL

I had to work from home yesterday because I didn’t feel safe to drive, I’m back in the office today but probably shouldn’t be, and it’s all a bit crap.

The fayre however was lovely we met up with friends caught up with each other and to be honest I’d do it all again (although I’d not be quite so ambitious about how many ‘laps of Wokingham’ I would do LOL

It’s going to take a couple more days of taking it easy before all systems return to normal, and I’m definitely going for a nice big oxygen top up on Saturday which should do the trick nicely, I’ve also booked in for a midweek ‘top up’ tomorrow afternoon so 2 in 3 days should set me straight again – actually it’s been weeks since I had an oxygen treatment so that could be a contributing factor as to why it’s hit me so hard …….

In other news ….

We’ve finally got a builder who is going to sort out our 150+ year old stairs at home so I can stop falling down them and once it’s done we can proceed with the home inspection for the fostering application. YAY

In 12 days I’m off to Portugal for 10 days of sunshine and rest,

This isn’t meant to dishearten anyone or imply that there’s something wrong other than me being an idiot and bringing this on myself because I didn’t foresee what would happen.

It’s more of a gentle reminder to us all that whilst we may feel on top of the world overdoing things can feel like you’re relapsing and to take care of ourselves.

So I’ve learnt my lesson (again) I wonder how long I’ll remember it for this time xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life MS and other things.

 I have no excuse thats worth trying, I'm not going to make any promises that are likely to come to nothing - I've just gotten reall...