Thursday 31 March 2016

Week 45 - After the Neuro Pysiological appointment


Post Southampton Neuro Physiological appointment update.

The nerve tests were fine, just a little buzz and some interesting limb / thumb jumping which were for the most part quite amusing and interesting. The lets just poke a needle into some choice muscles in your arms then make you move them was ‘unpleasant’ to say the least, and bloody horrid if I’m being completely honest.

The gentleman who did them was lovely and answered all my silly questions and tolerated my whittering on so he gets my thanks for being kind and as gentle as he could be considering he was the one electrocuting and stabbing me.

The good news – apparently I don’t have carpal tunnel syndrome (I didn’t even know what that meant so here’s Dr Google’s version)

carpal tunnel syndrome

noun: carpal tunnel syndrome; noun: CTS

1.    a painful condition of the hand and fingers caused by compression of a major nerve where it passes over the carpal bones through a passage at the front of the wrist. It may be caused by continual repetitive movements or by fluid retention.

I suspect had this been tested a month ago or so the case might have been somewhat different but thanks to the lovely Lizzie my Physio it’s all mended now Just whatever’s misfiring the nerves in my left hand and fingers is something sinister rather than simple and a report is going back to Dr C.

A little more sit back, wait on the results and see what they have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Far too long between updates (again)

 So what have I been up to in my long absence and how have I been ? Well the Crohn's is under control and back to how it's always be...