Monday 5 October 2015

Week 20 - recovering from France

Last week was a huge amount of driving, walking, eating lovely French food and soaking up the history of the D-Day landings in Normandy.


We had a lovely French 'Gite' (that's holiday rental to us less French types) which meant we had a base to relax in. In hindsight I would have booked one in the Port En Bessin or Bayeux area rather than one in Caen because it would have saved a couple of tanks full of fuel over the course of the week, but that's a lesson learnt :-)


The back end of the week was hard, with it being the anniversary of losing mum so close on the back of losing first my Brother and then Nana 2 weeks ago, I tried to go and light candles for them at the local church but ended up just leaning on the wall outside crying my eyes out all over Gareth as the church was closed and locked down - somewhere in the back of my head as I banged my fist on the door and looked up I could hear the dreaded answering service message.


'We're sorry God's office is now closed, Our Opening hours are 08:00 Sunday to 13:00 Sunday. We have no out of hours service as the Presbytery is an abandoned building outside of these hours there is nobody here who can help you, please call back with your emotional crisis at a time of our convenience'


All I wanted was 5 minutes to sit inside the church at the time my mum died, say a payer light a candle and feel close to the family I have lost - apparently in this day and age that is not possible :-(


MS-Wise, I know the candle has not just been burnt at both ends, it's been burnt in the middle too, I have a lot of sleep to catch up on and a lot of not doing much at all that I need to crack on with :-) I'm tired (NOT Fatigued) foot drop puts in the occasional surprise floppity moment, and my head seems to be full of soup. I have an oxygen treatment booked for tomorrow evening, so I've just got to drag myself through the next 24 hours and it will all be good :-)


Month 5 Blood and Pee tests are scheduled for Next Friday on the 16th at 9am with the added fun of a Flu Jab - apparently I now qualify as an 'at risk' person because of the MS, this strikes me as quite bizarre as my over active immune system has served me very well all of my life so far, the last time I actually 'caught' something was 2003 and I got Chicken Pox at the ripe old age of 32 years old :-) Apparently it's not a 'live virus' so I shouldn't have any problems, but I'll let you all know how it goes :-) - I won't be a happy bunny if it makes me ill I do know that :-)


It's been a while since I posted any daft pictures for everyone's enjoyment, my apologies for that, here's some for you xxx


Gareth - you have no idea how much you mean to me, and how much I appreciate and love you xxx



Ladies and Gentlemen - you know who you are :-)

So very true :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Life MS and other things.

 I have no excuse thats worth trying, I'm not going to make any promises that are likely to come to nothing - I've just gotten reall...