Wednesday 29 April 2020

4+11+1

Oh my - I've shown myself to be spectacularly crap at publishing updates whilst locked up at home without things to do outside. I don't even have a defence, I did start a post and forgot to publish it (and I've just read it back and it was rubbish anyway so maybe you all got a break)

There's not really any defence though is there, because you only have to read below to realise that at any time I could have got off my lazy arse, wandered up to my office and popped a few words down ....

So we're now half way through week 8 of operation 'Stay Home, Stay Safe'

We have 2 good friends who've had Covid and recovered, we know a few more who've lost family members to it through our extended family of football fans who are members of the forum we own.

I did finally get a telephone appointment call from the Neurology team at Charring Cross, Ocrevus is still in the works but it's going to be a while, I have a face to face appointment scheduled now for June 30th at St Mary's (9am again but at least I can get to St Mary's) for next steps. To be fair I'm less concerned about Ocrevus now given that it keeps T cells suppressed and all the information that seems to be emerging about the severity of the pneumonia that is taking so many who contract it is a direct result of hyperactive T-Cells .... so having less of the wee bastids in the first place could really only be a bonus in that situation.

What else have we been up to well we ordered Indian food for delivery on Friday, we have had 4 BBQ's in a week, the dogs loved the 'weeks holiday' at home where they got to go to K9 for 11 days in a row. We're not plotting to bash each other over the head and bury each other under the patio. The sun shone beautifully during our holiday then buggered off on Monday for back to work making us feel a little less sad about the working thing.

Ohhh and I came 2nd last week in the Friday night Poker Tournament that we have with some of the other members of our football forum which is a distinct improvement on the 2 weeks before it when I came last and last but one - actually won $10.40 this week which put me back up to my starting balance (we're not exactly big spenders with a $3.50 buy in)

Amazon prime have just delivered a small number of surgical face masks to us and we had gloves arrive a couple of weeks back - with the very small number of trips we make outside they should probably last us a number of months at least. Once the peak of this is done and we try to return to normality I think wearing both of these things will be a normal part of daily life for a long time going forward.

Having these things like the home made AntiBac gel isn't part of some master plan to get out and do stuff, it's about being prepared should we need to.

I've been surprised to discover that actually being unable to just go out and have some time alone has been the hard part of this for me. I've always needed that 'on my own time' even when we've had friends or family time, I need to get away and let my brain decompress. Except now I have nowhere to go or more to the point it's not essential travel and I shouldn't be.

I've just been out for my monthly trip to the chemist to pick up my thyroid meds. Quick buzz up the road in Bob (which can't get into the chemist because of the door frame being too high) everything brought out to me, checked NHS exemption card from a distance no mask or gloves required, quick wash up and antibac when I got home just in case and now back to work (glamorous lunchtime for me)

All things considered life is good, I need to socially distance myself from Cadbury's buttons and the fridge I think and possibly from the drinks cabinet as I had a couple of hangovers last week while I was 'on holiday' and didn't like them one bit, they certainly were not offset by an awesome night out and great memories, just by reading and relaxing.

I hope everyone is staying home, staying safe and taking care of themselves and each other.

Here's this weeks Video update to go with the Blog



Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Far too long between updates (again)

 So what have I been up to in my long absence and how have I been ? Well the Crohn's is under control and back to how it's always be...